Levy Rate Reduction - The levy rate has been reduced to 2% from the January / February 2019 period


Stay covered by making voluntary contributions towards your long service leave.

If you are the Working Director of a company and perform building, electrical or metal trades work in South Australia, you can continue accruing long service leave by making voluntary contributions.  

How does the Working Director scheme work?

Six invoices are issued each year, with each invoice covering a two month period. The bi-monthly periods are:

  • January/February
  • March/April
  • May/June
  • July/August
  • September/October
  • November/December

Invoices are issued at the end of each period. If you have employees, the contribution amount will form a part of your Employer Return Form.

When payment is received we credit you with the maximum number of service days in that two month period. If you pay all six invoices each year, you will be credited with 260 service days. 

Payment of each invoice is completely voluntary, however naturally if you choose not to make payment you will not be credited with any service days for that period.

Upon request, invoices can be paid in advance until the end of the financial year.

What is the current contribution rate?

The contribution rate for the 2018-2019 year is $240.

Contributions will accrue interest at 2.3% per annum.

When should I register?

The sooner you register, the sooner you will be eligible to take long service leave! In order for your time as a Working Director to be added onto the service days accrued as an employee, you will need to register within the following timeframe.

Number of service days accrued Timeframe to register after ceasing as an employee
Less than 1,300 (equivalent to 5 years full time employment)2 years
More than 1,300 but less than 1,820 (equivalent to 7 years full time employment)3 years
More than 1,820 (equivalent to 7 years full time employment)No time limit (as if you have accrued 1,820 service days you are eligible to claim a pro-rata payment if you choose)

How do I register?

Complete an Application Form. If the company is not registered an Employer Registration form will also need to be completed.